This Valentine’s Day, don’t forget that your car needs a little love, too. Show your car love by giving it the basic service it needs to function at its most efficient. A little extra attention now can help you and your car live happily ever after.
“If you want to add more years to the relationship between you and your car, give it some extra TLC this Valentine’s Day,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “There’s no debating the value of preventive maintenance to keep your car running efficiently. By showing your car a little love now, you’ll avoid the heartbreak and unexpected expense of car trouble down the road.”
Below is a Valentine’s Day checklist for making sure that you give your car the attention it deserves (just think of how much your car does for you, year round).
- Schedule a tune-up.
- Change the oil and filter (or ask your service department to take care of it).
- Check the tire pressure, and fill up as needed.
- Have the alignment checked, if you haven’t done so in the last year.
- Replace old windshield wipers and burnt-out light bulbs.
- Give your car a good cleaning, inside and out.
There’s a bonus! Get all this done before Valentine’s Day, and you’re car will be ready to impress that hot date you’ve got lined up. What are you waiting for?