South Bend Mishawaka offers plenty of attractions and things to do for visitors and locals alike. Whether you have a single day or a few weeks, there’s plenty to experience in this great area. To make the most of your time, there are a few places you just have to see while you’re here. Here are five things you simply have to do when visiting South Bend & Mishawaka.
- Shiojiri Niwa Japanese Gardens – A sight known for its blooms and paths of colored plant life, this is one sight you’ll never forget. Designed by the Japanese Landscape Architect at Disney World’s Epcot Center, the Shiojiri Niwa Japanese Gardens are a symbol of the sister-city relationship between Mishawaka and Shiojiri City in Japan.
- University of Notre Dame – Available guided walking tours will show you all the main sights of the University of Notre Dame no matter the season. Each guide includes their own stories and details, making every tour a one-of-a-kind experience.
- South Bend Chocolate Company Factory – To get an inside look at how chocolate is made, walk the production line at the South Bend Chocolate Company factory. At the end, visitors have the chance to make their very own chocolate-dipped spoon.
- South Bend Foodie Trail – There’s no better way to get a taste of local flavor than by visiting a local restaurant. The South Bend Foodie Trail features a number of local favorites that everyone can enjoy.
- Museums – The Studebaker National Museum offers a display of historical vehicles, including the largest President Carriage collection. The History Museum offers all there is to know about the region. Finally, take a tour of the Oliver Mansion, original furnishings and all.
Need more ideas? Visit Basney Honda near South Bend, IN and we have even more ideas for you!