Getting to really know where you live can help you fall in love with it even more. Here in Indiana, our state has a lot of hidden gems. Admittedly, a lot of those gems are hidden behind miles upon miles of farm fields. Here are five remote places in Indiana worth visiting.
- Das Dutchman Essenhaus. Located in Middlebury, about 30 minutes east of Mishawaka, is this quaint Amish restaurant and store that will have you coming back for seconds again and again.
- Bonge’s Tavern. The two-hour trip to Perkinsville will be worth it once you experience the unique atmosphere of Bonge’s Tavern.
- Beef House. If you want to eat the best steak of your life, drive three hours to Covington. In addition to fantastic meat, their potatoes, rolls, and other food is melt-in-your-mouth delicious, too.
- Kunkel’s Drive In. This retro fast food joint will deliver juicy burgers, crispy fried onion rings, or a slice of fresh pie right to your car. It has been in business since 1954 and is worth the drive to Connersville.
- Medora Covered Bridge. Take a day trip out to Medora to see not only the longest covered bridge in the state, but the country!
Do you have a favorite remote gem that you love to visit? Share the details with us at Basney Honda near South Bend, IN in the comments below.