Though it’s always a good idea to have an emergency kit in your car, the idea is never better than during the cold, winter months – when your accident risk is much higher, thanks to the ice, slush, and snow. Here are a few winter emergency kit suggestions, to get you started:
- First-aid basics should always be available in your vehicle, such as bandages, antibiotic ointment, gauze, fresh water, and clean gloves.
- A spare cell phone charger (or a spare cell phone entirely), a flashlight with extra batteries, and a list of emergency contact phone numbers are also a good idea to keep year-round.
- Now that the temperatures have dropped, you’ll want to keep a warm blanket, as well as some extra winter clothing: hats, gloves, thick socks, etc.
- A reasonably sized shovel may come in handy, whether you find yourself trapped in snow or simply need to clear an accumulated pile before work.
- Lastly, deicing fluid will be your best friend, clearing frosted windshields quickly and effectively.
Do you have other suggestions for winter service? Tell us at Basney Honda in Mishawaka, IN today!